Does my policy cover me whilst skiing?
ABTA are encouraging active travellers to ensure they check with their travel insurance provider that they have the right level of cover for their trip.
We can cover a lot of activities under our winter sports policy. When you add winter sports cover to your travel insurance you are automatically covered for certain activities, here is a list of some of the winter sports that we can cover as standard*:
- Air boarding
- Big foot skiing
- Cross country skiing (recognised paths)
- Dog sledging
- Dry slope skiing/snowboarding
- Glacier walking or trekking (under 2000m)/Glacier walking or trekking (over 2000m but under 6000m)
- Heli-skiing with a guide and one drop off point
- Husky dog sledding (organised, non-competitive and with experienced local driver)
- Ice cricket (wearing appropriate batting pads/gloves/spiked shoes)
- Ice go karting (within organised guidelines)
- Ice fishing
- Ice skating
- Ice windsurfing
- Kick sledging
- Nordic skiing (recognised path)
- Off piste skiing/snowboarding (terms apply)
- Recreational ski or snowboard racing
- Ski racing or training (nonprofessional)
- Ski randonnee (mountaineering)
- Ski run walking
- Ski skimming
- Ski touring (with a guide)
- Ski/snowboard fun parks
- Snowmobiling (Not covering personal accident or liability)
- Snow biking
- Snow blading
- Snow kiting
- Snow Shoeing
- Snow tubing
- Snow zorbing
*The activities covered as standard under the winter sports section varies by insurer.
If you are planning on participating in any of the above please refer to you travel insurance policy wording or contact our award winning staff on 0800 294 2969 for more information.
Do I need specialist travel insurance for winter sports?
Find out more in our travel blog
Medical Travel Insurance
We have worked hard to develop travel insurance with cover for pre-existing medical conditions and no age limit. Suitable for travellers over-65's.