6 tips if you are travelling with medical conditions
“A man of ordinary talent will always be ordinary, whether he travels or not; but a man of superior talent will go to pieces if he remains forever in the same place.” Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Travelling with medical conditions shouldn’t be restrictive; the world is more accessible than ever, so why shouldn’t you be able to explore it?
It’s our mission to help you go wherever you want to go, regardless of age or medical condition, by finding the right level of cover you need to ensure complete peace of mind when you’re abroad, leaving you with more stress-free time to enjoy your break.
We’ve put together some helpful tips that will ensure your medical conditions don’t get in the way of your plans:
Before you travel
- Pack your medication in your hand luggage, especially if you’re going long haul. Make sure you declare it at check in and airport security, get a Doctor’s note and a copy of your prescription and take those with you.
- Consider buying or taking a pill organiser which will save you having to take bottles of medication onto the plane. This also means you can carry the correct amount of medication much more conveniently.
- Arrange your travel insurance in advance. Reduce worry and stress by arranging your travel insurance well in advance. Make sure that this covers all pre-existing medical conditions to avoid costly treatment bills (we can help with this).
- Take a copy of your prescription (this will come in handy in the unfortunate event that you lose your medication or your baggage is lost in transit).
- Remember your travel insurance documents or make a note of the main policy information along with the important helpline numbers to call in the event of a claim.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. It can be easy to be less vigilant whilst on holiday but it is important to remember to keep all medicine out of children's reach and sight.
Just Travel Cover’s insurance for pre-existing medical conditions
We are specialists in finding cover for those with pre-existing medical conditions, and we can answer any queries you may have in relation to your condition and the type of cover you need.
Call our UK call centre (free) on 0800 294 2969 to discuss your requirements with one of our customer service team, we can cover 98% of all medical conditions and have no upper age limits on single trip insurance.
Alternatively you can get a quote online and we are available online via web chat for any questions.
Enjoy your next trip, visit our Facebook page for more tips, advice and our latest offers.
Medical Travel Insurance
We have worked hard to develop travel insurance with cover for pre-existing medical conditions and no age limit. Suitable for travellers over-65's.