Ready for a well-deserved break? Don’t forget to get Travel Insurance that covers you for depression.
Living with depression can make even the simplest of tasks challenging, but it shouldn’t stop you from taking that dream trip. Depression is a mental health condition that is more common than you may think. It affects 1 in 6 adults in the UK alone.
Understanding Travel Insurance with Depression Cover
Whether you’re an adventure seeker or looking for a place to unwind, having Travel Insurance that covers depression will give you peace of mind. If you have been diagnosed with anxiety, depression or psychiatric conditions it’s best to call us for your quotation. That’s because some insurers we work with provide cover for these conditions, but some class them as a ‘general exclusion’, which means they wouldn’t be covered. We can provide a quotation including or excluding these conditions, or alternatively provide a quotation for both.
Travel Tips for Managing Depression
While it can be difficult, you shouldn’t let depression keep you from taking a well-deserved break. Make sure you find Travel Insurance that covers your condition so that you can be confident knowing you are insured.
Alongside securing Travel Insurance for depression, there are some things you can do to ensure your trip goes as smoothly as possible.
- Plan ahead. Try to make a schedule that you’ll be able to stick to. This can often be challenging when travelling but consider creating a morning or nighttime routine for yourself.
- Take medication. Ensuring that you have enough of the medication you need will help you relax. It is also important that you continue to take the medication as frequently as you have been at home. No matter how good you feel, keeping consistent with your medication can help you feel in control while on holiday.
- Take care of yourself. While you’re away, it is crucial that you still make time to look after yourself. Try to move your body every day, eat nourishing foods, and drink plenty of water. Making sure you get enough sleep will also help to keep you feeling your best. After all, you are on holiday; it is important to relax!
- Consider your triggers. If your depression is triggered by something, in particular, be mindful of that when making your travel plans. Try to avoid your triggers but if you can’t, be patient with yourself.
2023’s Best Travel Insurance Provider Award Winner
Just Travel Cover is honoured to have been named the ‘Best Travel Insurance Provider’ at the Insurance Choice Awards in 2023. This recognition reflects our unwavering dedication to excellence in the Travel Insurance sector. We specialise in providing tailored and cost-effective Travel Insurance, particularly for those with pre-existing conditions, and our policies feature no upper age restrictions. As an award-winning company, we are committed to delivering superior quality cover, offering reassurance and security to travellers with a variety of health requirements. You can rely on Just Travel Cover for dependable and acclaimed expertise in Travel Insurance.
Travel Insurance for Depression FAQs
Frequently asked questions about Travel Insurance for Depression.
Can you get Travel Insurance if you have depression?
Is depression a pre-existing medical condition?
Do you provide life insurance for depression?
While we specialise in providing Travel Insurance with cover for hundreds of pre-existing medical conditions and some with no upper age limit, we are partnered with iam|INSURED, who provide life insurance with cover for a range of pre-existing medical conditions.
How does depression affect Travel Insurance premiums?
Pre-existing medical conditions, including mental illnesses such as depression, can increase the premium of your Travel Insurance. However, premiums are not based on this alone. Policies are tailored to you based on your medical history, destination, duration, and age. It is important to declare all pre-existing medical conditions, including depression, when getting a Travel Insurance policy as failing to do so could make your policy void. If you are looking for Travel Insurance with depression cover, we would recommend giving us a call to obtain your quote.
Travel Insurance for Depression – Your Cover
- Cancellation/ curtailment up to £12,500 (£30,000 on referral)
- Missed departure up to £1,500 per person
- Baggage up to £3,000 per person
- Personal Liability up to £2 million per person
- Zero excess policies available
Medical Cover for Depression
- Emergency medical expenses and repatriation up to £15 million
- 24/7 emergency medical assistance
- Cover for all types of Depression
Our Latest News
Just in time for Valentine's Day, Italy has been revealed as Britain's most loved holiday destination. We asked over 1,000 UK holidaymakers to tell...
Martin Lewis’ Advice on Travel Insurance Did you hear Martin Lewis on ITV's money show explaining why Travel Insurance is not just for when you’re...
Rome, the capital of Italy, is one of the world's most charismatic cities, making it the perfect destination for a Valentine's Day getaway. Whether...