Travel Insurance: The facts and figures that you need to know
To mark the launch of “Know Your Numbers Week”, set up by Blood Pressure UK, we’ve got some fascinating numbers, facts and figures to share with you, starting with offering you 12% off your Travel Insurance for 12 days from today (Monday 9 September 2019).
- 12 for 12: Get 12% off your Travel Insurance with the code SPT12
- 7: Take a look at these 7 ideas for an autumn break
- 153,000: the number of people who needed emergency medical treatment abroad in 2018
- 1,368: the average cost (£) of s medical Travel Insurance claim
- 167,000 claims for cancellation in 2018
- 399: million paid out in claims in 2018
Every year there are millions of pounds paid in Travel Insurance claims, including:
- £2,108 following a swimming injury in Greece
- £7,258 for treatment of a broken wrist in Spain
- £15,000 after a broken leg on a cruise
- £19,187 after a fall in Turkey
- £36,162 to cover a pacemaker fitted in Cyprus
- £73,000 for surgery in the Dominican Republic
To ensure you avoid costly medical bills it’s important to take our Travel Insurance and ensure you declare any pre-existing medical conditions you may have, so you can relax with complete peace of mind that you’re covered.
To find out more about “Know Your Numbers Week” and how you can get a free Blood Pressure test click here
To read more about Travel Insurance for pre-existing medical conditions and to find out what is covered click here
12% sale ends midnight on 20 September 2019
Justtravelcover.com provides an extremely quick and easy way to compare travel insurance cover for pre existing medical conditions and travel insurance for travellers who are over 65.
Justtravelcover.com is operated by Just Insurance Agents Limited, who is an independent agent, based in Sunderland, and specialises in providing impartial advice on travel insurance products for medical conditions and travellers who are over 65.